There is so much for you to see and do in six days on this self-drive adventure through stunning outback landscapes, red desert sands, towering gorges and waterholes inviting you to jump in and cool off. The Red Centre Way helps you explore great national icons such as Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Kings Canyon and the West MacDonnell Ranges.
Top 5 Things to Do
- Hop on the back of a camel and unearth the spiritual centre of the Australian Outback.
- Get swept away on a four-wheel drive adventure in the Rainbow Valley where the sandstone bluffs and cliffs lead you across a spectacular setting.
- On your drive through Alice Springs stop by at the Desert Park where you can learn all about native animals in their natural habitat.
- The Majestic Kings Canyon features 100 metre high sandstone walls and palm-filled crevices. Take the hike to the top and be rewarded by amazing bird’s eye views of the region.
- Stretching for 160km west of Alice Springs, the West MacDonnell Ranges offer an abundance of beautiful waterholes including Redbank Gorge and Ellery Big Hole where you can splash around and cool off after a long day’s drive.