Discover East Arnhem Land and uncover a whole new world of world-class sports fishing from pristine beaches and coastline, and authentic Aboriginal cultural experiences. Starting at Katherine, Arnhem Way takes you on a four-wheel drive of mostly gravel with several river crossings to Nhulunbuy on Gove Peninsula.
Note: When travelling to Arnhem Land you will require a permit from the Northern Land Council.
Top 5 things to do
- Take a guided tour with Lirrwi Yolngu Tourism to experience authentic Aboriginal culture
- Visit the local beaches; East Woody, Middle Car Park, Cape Wirrawawuy or Town Beach
- Stay at Banubanu Eco Wilderness Retreat on Bremer Island
- Make time for a sunset drink at the Gove Boat Club at Melville Bay
- Experience picturesque camping at isolated beaches along the East Arnhem Land coast.